Tuesday 20th June 2023
4pm – 5pm UK time
Understand how to identify anxiety in someone who is not able to tell us verbally how they are feeling and what you can do to help.
To be held on Zoom on Tuesday 20th June 2023, 4pm-5pm UK time with half an hour for questions and discussion from 5-5.30pm
Suitable for anyone involved in the care, support or education of children or adults with severe or profound intellectual disabilities, profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and autism, dementia or brain injury and who use ways other than words to communicate.
In the course we will explore:
• What is anxiety
• Risk factors
• Signs and symptoms
• Approaches and strategies for support
You will take away tools and strategies that:
• Can be used in home, education and adult services and settings
• Can be used to support children and adults
• Do not require cognitive and language skills and abilities
• Do not require any specialist equipment
You will get:
• A live 60 minute webinar held on Zoom
• Opportunity for discussion and questions 5pm-5.30pm
• Research evidence and theory, and tips for how you can best support those you love and care for
• Downloadable information, links and references
The workshop will be facilitated by Dr Julie Calveley and Sam Bell
Julie is the Founder Director of NAC, a UK based community interest company that exists to support the emotional wellbeing of people with severe and profound intellectual disabilities and PMLD (www.nacwellbeing.org). Julie is a registered learning disability nurse with over 25 years of experience and qualifications and training in psychology, mental health, behaviour, neuroscience and trauma.
She is the author of a number of publications and book chapters in the field of intellectual / learning disabilities. Sam is NAC’s Communication and Research volunteer and is a special education teacher with a Masters in psychology.
Tuesday 20th June 2023 4pm-5pm UK time
Cost per person £20 or FREE if you subscribe to our newsletter (follow the Book Now button below to receive your personal FREE coupon code)
Limited to one code per person and entry is on a first come first served basis.
If you choose to pay the £20 fee, you will also receive access to the course recording.